Preview

image preview

Creation Date

5-2019

Description

President’s House construction, 1955

Courtesy of Alex Kogan

The President's House is one of a very small number of free-standing private residences on the island of Manhattan. The house was completed in 1958, tucked into the only remaining riverfront site on campus, at the northeast corner of the university's grounds. Wallace K. Harrison may have delighted in designing this essentially suburban house in the middle of New York City. The architect took full advantage of the unusual, park-like site to open up the house's exterior with uninterrupted floor-to-ceiling sliding glass panels and the interior with the atrium and terrace. - Adapted from Wallace K. Harrison, Architect by Victoria Newhouse

Keywords

President's House, Rockefeller Institute

Share

Image Location

 
COinS