Founder’s Hall, 1905
Courtesy of The Rockefeller Archive Center
Founder’s Hall, designed by the Boston architectural firm Shepley, Rutan, and Coolidge and completed in 1906, was the first building erected on the newly owned property. When built, it contained laboratories, as well as the office of the institute’s first head and other administration. The brick and stone structure was designated a National Historic Landmark by the United States Department of the Interior in 1975.
Founder's Hall, The Rockefeller Institute